A needle felted Lorisnail!
This took quite a long time, mostly because of the shell. I had to make it twice because the first wasn't fitting with the body the way I wanted it to. But I also had to dye the wool, make adjustments to the eyes, and gosh those hands! The hands!!!
Ahem. Anyway, the body is felted wool over pipe cleaners so it can be posed -- including the fingers.
The hands have a little bit of marker on the palms to make them pinkish. Eyes are painted paper clay (I painted them twice heh).
The shell is papier mache with a layer of paper clay on top to make it smooth. I got the shape by molding it out of modeling clay, which I then cut in half so I could make two papier mache casts, and when they dried I taped them together and reinforced with another layer of papier mache. After the paper clay was sanded, I painted it with acrylics. Painted it twice, again
And of course all the way through I was tweaking the body, re-felting parts of it, and moving the armature around a bit. Not recommended.
BUT finally I like the end result!
I hope you do too! This little guy is definitely going in the exhibit this summer.